Wednesday 24 August 2011

Kiwi Hybrids




Kiwi Hybrids


Today I potted the last cutting that has eventually rooted from my 49 Kiwi Hybrids. Most are beginning to send out side shoots, so very soon I will be offering rooted cuttings of these wonderful hybrids. It was strange to get cuttings in the middle of our winter when my plants are totally dormant but of course it is the middle of summer in their home in New Zealand. So when spring arrived here they were confused. but now they are happy and acclimatized to the changes seasons here and are making growth. I am sure that next year they will be fully acclimatised and will make a lot of growth.

I am thinking about hiring new greenhouse space as I want to devote space to Kiwi Hybrids  and another to Castle Hybrids I don't really have enough space left in my garden to put up a fourth or fifth greenhouse. Maybe I should go live in a large greenhouse it would save time!

M.B.

Photo courtsey of http://www.epikakteen.de/

No comments: